Monday, April 28, 2014

Second Leg of My Journey

Now that The Woman at the Well...today is published, I have the dubious task of marketing it. Even though it is available on my publisher's bookstore, Xulon Press, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Apple iBooks, I still must get it out there to you, the public. I have great resources through LinkedIn writers who give great suggestions.

I really thought book signings were for famous people, but the more I read about them, it seems every author should have at least one. That's a scary thought for me. It's scary when we have to step out in faith, not knowing what to expect, right? But the Lord will show me every step, and hold my hand when necessary. He's like that, you know. And as He takes our hand, we know that whatever happens, we will be okay.

First, I need to go to Barnes and Noble and see if they will let me hold one at their store. After they give me the go ahead (faith applied here), I'll know the next step.

Second, I need to finish ordering new business cards and announcements for the publishing of the book.

Third, I need to have invitations (in the form of flyers) printed to pass/send out to the world.

I don't know what the step is after that. Oh, the invitations will have the date, time and place of book signing, so I'll need to confirm that with, hopefully, Barnes and Noble before I print invitations.

Just like I know He's holding my hand now, as my website page is 'down.' Arrrgh! 

If there are any authors reading this blog, please...feel free to contact me and give me pointers on marketing.




No comments: