Monday, January 9, 2012

When You Pass Through The Waters

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." 
Isaiah 43:2

Though the Lord will chasten us for our sins, He will not allow our enemies to utterly destroy us.

"For I am with you,' says the LORD, 'to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.'"     Jeremiah 30:11

These are precious promises made to you and me, God's children, in our affliction, of His presence with us, for our support under affliction. Precious promises for our deliverance out of it, telling us He will be present with us in our greatest difficulties and dangers. Though you have or are going through fire and water, which may feel like the valley of the shadow of death, yet, while you have God with you, you don't have to fear any evil.

"You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment."     Psalm 66:12.

He has not forgotten your pain and suffering. Hold on with your bare knuckles, if necessary.

No comments: